NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP-C
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION POSTMEN & MTS
ALL INDIA RMS AND MMS EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP-C
ALL INDIA RMS AND MMS EMPLOYEES UNION MAIL GUARD & MTS
ALL INDIA POSTAL ADMINISTRTIVE OFFICES EMPLOYEES UNION
ALL INDIA POSTAL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
ALL INDIA SBCO EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
ALL INDIA CIVIL WING EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GDS
Central Headquarters , New Delhi-110 001.
PF-01(e)/2016 CIRCULAR 31.03.2016
1.All Circle Secretaries/Divisional/Branch Secretaries.
2.All CHQ Office Bearers of NFPE and affiliated Unions/Associations.
GDS MEMBERSHIP VERIFICATION
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND IMMEDIATE TASK ELECT AND SELECT AIPEU-GDS AS THE ONLY ONE RECOGNISED GDS UNION
As all of you are aware Department of Posts has commenced the process of verification of membership of Gramin Dak Sevaks for grant of recognition. The AIPEU-GDS was formed in the year 2012 and the Federal Council of NFPE held at Hyderabad in 2013, which is the highest decision and policy making body of NFPE, has decided to grant “Associate Membership” to the newly formed AIPEU-GDS. For the last four years, AIPEU-GDS is functioning without recognition and joined all the programmes of NFPE including strike. During this four year period it had conducted two All India Conferences and formed Branches in all the 22 Circles. After formation of AIPEU-GDS, it is the first membership verification taking place.
There is no doubt that the AIPEU-GDS will get recognition and shall become number one recognised GDS Union, with flying colours. But that is not enough - we should make the AIPEU-GDS as the only one recognised GDS Union in the Department of Posts. It is not impossible.
For fulfilling the above task, all Circle/Divisional Branches of NFPE affiliated Unions/Associations and also all CHQ office bearers are hereby requested to take immediate action to implement the following directions of NFPE.
1. It should be ensured that Circle/Divisional Unions of AIPEU-GDS is formed in all Circles/Divisions.
2. The name, designation and official address of the Circle/Divisional Secretaries should be intimated to “Com.P.Panduranga Rao, General Secretary, AIPEU-GDS, 1, Patel Road, Shadipur, Dada Ghosh Bhavan PO, New Delhi-110 008”. Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 09849466595. Divisional Secretaries should inform the above particulars to Circle Secretaries also.
3. Still there are some divisions where the branches of AIPEU-GDS are not yet formed, inspite of repeated instructions from NFPE. All those Divisions where the branch of AIPEU-GDS is not yet formed should form the Branch Union or at least an Adhoc Committee at Divisional level with a Secretary or Convenor before 15th April 2016. The name, designation and official address with pin code and mobile number of the newly elected Secretary or Adhoc Committee Convenor should be intimated to the General Secretary and Circle Secretary. Wherever Circle Unions are not functioning immediate action should be taken to form a functioning Circle Union or Circle level Adhoc Committee of AIPEU-GDS.
4. It is reported from some circles that some P3 and P4 Divisional Unions of NFPE has not taken any positive action to form the Divisional Branches of AIPEU-GDS. Not only that in some limited divisions, the rival GDS Union, which is campaigning against NFPE and has formed separate unions for Group-C and Postmen/MTS in the name of “UNITED” to break our P3 and P4 Union and thereby to destabilise NFPE, is given all help and assistance by the some P3 and P4 Unions of NFPE and also holding joint meetings with the rival GDS Union which is no more an affiliate or Associate of NFPE. This is not permissile and is in violation of the directions and guidelines issued by NFPE. It is once again made clear that disciplinary action will be taken against those divisions which refuse to form the branches of AIPEU-GDS and which are still cooperating and extending all help to the rival GDS Union and conducting joint meetings. The recognition of all such Divisional Unions which refuse to carry out the directions of NFPE will be withdrawn without any further notice.
5. Last date for submission of application by GDS Unions for participating in the membership verification process is 31-03-2016. AIPEU-GDS has already submitted application to the Directorate on 18-03-2016. Please note that the name of our union is “AIPEU-GDS”. Department may issue orders fixing the last date for submission of authorisation forms to the Divisional heads, along with the model authorisation form with the signature of an officer of the Directorate. Immediately on publishing the authorisation form by the department all the affiliated unions of NFPE should jointly jump into action and collect maximum number of authorisation forms from GDS of each division. As GDS are working in remote villages, action plan should be chalked out now itself, for visiting each and every Branch Post Office by the NFPE leadership, for collecting authorisation forms signed by the GDS in favour of AIPEU-GDS.
6. AIPEU-GDS is the GDS Union of NFPE and it is the collective responsibility of all Circle/Divisional Unions of NFPE to make our GDS Union as the only one recognised union. Let us take it as a challenge and prove that it is possible.
7. A separate circular issued by AIPEU-GDS CHQ is also enclosed herewith.
MEETING WITH CABINET SECRETARY ON PAY COMMISSION ISSUES
A meeting with Cabinet Secretary Sri. P. K. Sinha was held at Cabinet Secretariat Committee Room, Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi on 30.03.2016. All Members of empowered committee i.e. Secretaries of Various Departments were present in the meeting. Department of Post was represented by Sri. Ashutosh Tripathi, Member (Personal), Sri Shailendra Dashora, DDG (Estt) Ms. Manju Pandey, DDG (Personal) & Ms. Anju Nigam DDG (SR) from NFPE Com. R. N. Parashar, Secretary General NFPE & General Secretary P3, Com. Giriraj Singh, President NFPE & General Secretary, R3 & Com. R. Seethalakshmi, Dy. Secretary General, NFPE & General Secretary P4 from FNPO, Com. D. Theagrajan, Secretary General, FNPO & General Secretary R3, Com. T. N. Rahate, President FNPO & General Secretary P4 and from BPEF. Com. S. K. Sinha, General Secretary Postal Accounts Association participated. We presented our views in support of each and every demand submitted by NFPE & FNPO in memorandum to Pay Commission and Empowered Committee and implementation cell. We demanded upgraded scales for each cadre of Department. The meeting was held in a very congenial atmosphere. We may hope for the better.
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION – GDS
CHQ: 2151/1, New Patel Road, Dada Ghosh Bhawan, New Delhi-110 008
Preisdent: Bijoy Gopal Sur website:aipeugdsnfpe.blogspot.in
General Secretary:P.Pandurangarao e-mail:email@example.com
Circular No.03 Date:30-03-2016
ELECT & SELECT: AIPEU-GDS
We want change and only AIPEU-GDS can make change in the GDS system
AIPEU - GDS ADVANCEMENT & ACHIEVEMENTS
This is the right time to put forth the introduction of our Union “AIPEU-GDS” for a clear understanding and total awareness of the many GDS comrades in the field units of all Circles. Undoubtedly, our union became so popular and well established in most of the divisions of all circles, still some misapprehensions prevail in many quarters to franchise their option in favour of AIPEU-GDS. At this instance, our CHQ come forward to enlighten the growth, development, expansion with some important achievements of the AIPEU-GDS, after its emergence and with unity under the banner of mighty Federation, NFPE, in brief.
It was a breakthrough and a step forward for the Gramin Dak Sevaks cadre in April 2012 after 17 years mere existence of a separate GDS Union within the provisions of New Recognition Rules for Service Associations under Check-off system and EDA (RA) Rules 1995. The recognized GDS Union miserably failed to settle any of the demands of GDS and continuously indulged in anti NFPE campaign and undemocratic activities. It is in this background a GDS organization born with postal Trade Union movement with the slogan of “Unity for struggle and struggle for unity”. We pledged for struggle along with NFPE for the emancipation of GDS. We adopted the democratic functioning & style of NFPE at all levels.
Our union has started its fighting from the month of May 2012 itself by holding a CWC meeting in Hyderabad and conducted Dharna programmes from divisional level in the Month of June 2012 followed by Parliament March in July and December. We conducted strike on 12-12-2012 and 48 hours strike during February 2014 along with NFPE in which the main demand was grant of “Civil servant status to GDS” and all the benefits of departmental employees on pro rata basis. We have participated in many and many struggle programmes unitedly with NFPE, Postal JCA and Confederation of CG Employees besides various Trade Union programmes successfully. This had made possible only because of the trust, faith, confidence and strong belief of the GDS in the united struggles. This being still possible because of the intrusion of the concept of our union into the minds of GDS members and caused the expansion of our Union in all Circles and divisions in the country.
Our Union did never discourage the GDS, keeping mum on many issues pertaining to the cadre in particular and common issues in general by taking them up in various fora to resolve favourably. Though unrecognized union our CHQ has utilized all channels to do negotiations with the department and participated discussions with the administration projected many issues of GDS effectively.
Just with in the period of one year our Union conducted 1st All India Conference during March 2013 in Chennai with the participation of 16 Circles and more than 250 divisions with the attendance of about 1,000 GDS comrades. It has framed 32 point charter of demands of GDS and unanimously adopted. From the day onwards, our CHQ had committed to resolve the problems of GDS with the support of NFPE. We successfully conducted our 2nd All India Conference in Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) during September 2015. About 1200 delegates and visitors from all 22 circles participated in the 2nd All India Conference.
Many issues of GDS were taken up with Directorate through Departmental meetings, frequent correspondence, formal/informal meetings besides Postal JCA meetings by our CHQ.
AIPEU-GDS had participated in almost all CWC meetings & All India Conferences of affiliated unions of NFPE, Confederation of CG Employees, NFPE study Camps, Organizational meetings of Unions in Circles and divisions. As an “Associate Member of NFPE” AIPEU-GDS participated in Federal Executive Meetings, Federal Secretariat Meetings, Postal JCA meetings and projected the GDS demands effectively. Along with NFPE and Postal JCA, AIPEU-GDS also served strike notice to the Govt & Dept and participated in strike with large membership. Our GDS demands have been taken up at NJCM level also by the Railway & Defence and Confederation and discussed with the Govt. This was not happened in the past and no such opportunity to other GDS unions.
Commitment and activities of AIPEU-GDS:
Out of 32 point charter of demands projected in 1st AIC, due to our sincere efforts and also the efforts of NFPE & Postal JCA we have advanced in their settlements. The following is the current position.
1. For departmentalization of GDS – A case has been filed in the Supreme Court, High Court and also the Principal CAT by NFPE & AIPEU GDS (NFPE).
2. For inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC – From our Branch level Union to National Council JCM, the demand is seriously put forth before the Govt and prepared for an indefinite strike also.
3. GDS (Conduct & Engagement) Rules 2011 – Included as a prayer in the Supreme Court case to declare it as unconstitutional and invalid and the GDS be covered under the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 & CCS(CCA) Rules, 1965.
4. Enhancement of bonus ceiling –With the fruitful efforts of Postal JCA and 12-12-2012 strike results and continuous struggle for 5 years, Rs.3500 bonus ceiling is restored to GDS.
5. Welfare assistance to GDS in respect of Book awards & educational assistance etc.,
6. GDS Mailmen cadre – restored and posts are being filled up.
7. NREGS incentive – minimum condition of 20 transactions limit was removed.
8. Stop combination of duties of GDSMD/GDSMC with that of BPM.
9. Modifications in SDB Scheme to make feasible grant of monthly pension to GDS.
10. Modifications in GDS Circle Welfare Fund Scheme.
11. Regular Payment of RPLI incentives to GDS.
12. Supply of adequate infrastructure to all BOs as one time measure to meet the public convenience.
Through our letter correspondence& discussions in JCA , formal & informal meetings the following is the outcome from the department.
1. Sub: Verification of SB withdrawals in BOs by Mail Over Seers & SDHs – reg. (dtd.26-09-2012)
(No.113-02/2001-SB dated 26-02-2013)
2. Sub :- Enhancement of sanction of amount to GDS undergoing training – Reg.(30-10-2012)
3. Sub:- Computation of revenue generation in BOs – Reg. (dtd.20-06-2013)
(No.40-17/2015-Plg. Dated 24-08-2015)
4. Sub:-NREGS incentive – removal of minimum transactions condition:
5. Sub:-Grant of revised TRCA slab to the new incumbents joined after 01-01-2006.
(No.5-1/07-WS-1 dated 16-07-2012)
Our CHQ has written on several issues despite the fact of non recognition and we have settled many issues. Similarly the following are the important items which we have taken and pending for settlement.
1. Reduction of allowances to GDS BPMs arbitrarily at lower levels- No reduction under any circumstances.
2. Revise cash handling norm of granting one point for Rs.4,000/-
3. Giving protection of allowances Modification in reply for item No.4 - of PSSWB meeting - Immediate death relief to the family /dependents of GDS etc –
4. Stop open quota recruitment in MTS & Postman vacancies and to be filled by GDS only.
5. Relaxation in percentage of marks for SC/ST candidates from GDS to appear for PA/SA examination-
6. Information about sanction of Severance amount to GDS selected to departmental cadres -
7. Monetary compensation to GDS staff brought on holiday duties -
8. Protection of existing TRCA of Gramin Dak Sevaks – on Transfer
9. Grant of higher amount of CMA to GDSMD/GDSMC as they are working in rural areas.
10. Extraordinary delay of issue of instructions on the items of PSSWB meeting -
11. GDS BPM TRCA based on 5 hours & 8 hours in place of various slabs on point system.
12. Cash line limit has to be revised depending upon the mode of transactions in the BO.
13. Revise the Memo of Authorized Balance of the BO depending upon the quantum of transactions.
14. Revision of allowances to be taken up with a periodicity of 2 years with half-yearly / quarterly mode instead of the month where the past revision taken place.
15. At least two years average (24 months) work load of the BO should be calculated instead of four quarterly months of the preceding year of periodical revision.
16. All items of work needs to be taken into consideration for workload of the BO as there is diversity of schemes being introduced in the BO varied from division to division or region to region and circle to circle.
MEMORANDUM TO HON’BLE MINISTER
A memorandum was prepared for the main and basic demand of Departmentalization of GDS and submitted to the Hon’ble Minister of Communications. We are demanding the departmentalization of the branch offices and the GDS which will be the only and ultimate salvation for the GDS.
MEMORANDUM TO SEVENTH PAY COMMISSION
A detailed memorandum on GDS issues was prepared and submitted to the Seventh Pay Commission. The memorandum is prepared in such a manner to deal the issues minutely leading to the departmentalization of GDS. Com M.Krishnan, Ex-S/G, NFPE & Secretary General, CCGEW and Com K.V.Sridharan Ex G/S, AIPEU GrC ., Com.R.N.Parashar, Secretary General, NFPE took much pain in drafting the memorandum.
The General Secretary, AIPEU-GDS attended personally before the Committee of 7th CPC along with Secretary General, NFPE and General Secretaries of affiliated Unions of NFPE on 23-04-2015 and submitted the Copy of Memorandum. The Chairman gave time to the General Secretary to explain about the GDS issues. This is the good opportunity to our GDS Union. No other GDS Union had got this opportunity to present evidence before the Central Pay Commission earlier.
Memorandum submitted to GDS Committee
A detailed memorandum has been submitted by AIPEU-GDS to the Secretary, GDS Committee on 18-03-2016 along with Secretary General, NFPE. Our NFPE also submitted a memorandum on GDS issues to the GDS Committee. Com. M. Krishnan, Secretary General, Confederation also submitted a Memorandum on behalf of Confederation of Central Govt Employees to the GDS Committee. The Copy of the Memorandum submitted by our Union is available on the home page of our website and any one can download it. Our Memorandum is the best and a scientific memorandum submitted to GDS Committee.
APPLICATION SUBMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ENSUING VERIFICATION PROCESS
On 18-03-2016 our Union has submitted application in the name of ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION – GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS (AIPEU-GDS) to participate in the ensuing verification process under EDA (RA) Rules 1995 for Recognition of Service Associations. Within a short while we have to complete the collection of declarations / authorizations from GDS members in all divisions of all Circles.
AIPEU GDS (NFPE) - LAUNCHED ITS WEBSITE, JOURNAL & OFFICE
Our union has launched its website >www.aipeugdsnfpe.blogspot.in< in April 2012 itself. Similarly, one e-mail ID has been created for CHQ to make regular contacts with all GDS comrades. The e-mail ID of CHQ is: >firstname.lastname@example.org< We have published more than 2000 posts and the viewers of our website reached more than 20 lakhs upto now.
The P3 CHQ has provided accommodation in its office and provided adequate infrastructure and we are functioning our CHQ from the P3 CHQ office: Dada Ghosh Bhawan. 2151/1 New Patel Road , New Delhi-- 110008. Our CHQ records its sincere thanks to the P3 CHQ and its leaders.
Six issues of magazine “GDS Crusader” were released despite severe financial crisis and more than 600 comrades enrolled their subscription. We wish that in future, after getting recognition we would regulate and release the same regularly every month. Similarly all the circle and branches should evince efforts to enroll more subscribers for the journal.
With the help of NFPE, we have published two books viz., “GDS Crusader” and “GDS Refresher” containing all rulings related to GDS. New edition of “GDS Crusader” book is under process of publication.
While we analyze the activities during the period of 4 years, reviewed all the situation and organizational circumstances, we can proudly say that we have formed branches in all 22 circles and in about 90% divisions also. Many comrades are joining our union and we are strengthening further. We are expecting more than 1.50 lakh of GDS membership in favour of our AIPEU-GDS out of 2.53 lakh working strength in 22 circles. In the ensuing reverification of membership, we will become number one and confident to get recognition.
In the absence of recognition, we are having some difficulties in resolving some issues even though the NFPE Federation and all the affiliated Unions of NFPE viz., P3,P4,R3,R4,Admin., Postal Accounts, SBCO, Civil Wing and Casual Employees Federation and the sister unions are rendering all the assistance in resolving all our issues at their levels. We express our sincere thanks to all the Unions and request to extend their help in future also.
Our CHQ appeals all the members of GDS to give us an opportunity this time to prove our strength, capacity, capability, militancy, unity for the emancipation of Gramin Dak Sevaks for bright future and system secure.
With fraternal greetings,
Schemes for retiring officials for voluntary work(Click the link below to view) ENGLISH VERSION HINDI_VERSION
No proposal under consideration to replace the National Pension System (NPS) with old pension scheme - Govt. replied in Lok Sabha.
(Click the link below to view) PDF/WORD(Hindi) PDF/WORD