NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
|Ref: JCA/AGTN/2012 Dated – 22.03.2012|
Mrs. Manjula Prashar
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Sub: - Undue delay in settlement of agreed items on the Charter of Demands.
A kind attention is invited to the discussions we had during strike Charter of demands and also further assurances to us that unlike in the past whatever assured during discussions will be implemented without any delay.
But to our dismay, many of the assured items are still not disposed of favourably and even the clarifications assured to be issued are still pending. Further it is learnt that the Internal Finance is rejecting the assurances given by Minister for state for communication and also the Secretary, Department of Posts. which causes a serious concern. The following are the few items in which categorical assurance had been ensured in the minutes of the meeting and also during discussions.
1. Separate orders communicating the decision that no mail office will be closed for next three years and no dislocation of staff to places outside headquarters.
2. Orders communicating the decisions about no closure/merger of Post offices if no simultaneous relocation is possible.
3. Revision of wages to casual labourers & absorption.
4. Revised recruitment Rules for Group D & Postman as agreed and syllabus for Group ‘D’ examination (25% from GDS) & Postmen/Mailguard.
5. Revision of cash handling norms to GDS & ensuring no reduction of TRCA under any circumstances and enhancing the Bonus ceiling to 3500/- & revise the cash allowance to BPM at the rate of Rs.50/- per trip instead of month.
6. Orders revising the instructions liberalizing the powers to the divisional heads instead of circle heads in case of tenure posting to C and B Class offices.
7. Reiteration of earlier instructions on the Grant of Special pay to unqualified Accountants & Counting of Special Allowance for pay fixation without filling SLP against Bangalore High Court judgment.
8. Circulation of clarification given to Punjab circle to the remaining circles also in respect of protection of pay of defunct PO & RMS Accountants.
9. Orders on forcible allotment of staff quarters to the town SOs SPMs as post attached quarters.
10. Non supply of balance statement of NPS to the official as on 31.03.2011.
11. Enhancement of financial powers to LSG, HSG II & HSG I.
12. Enhancing the honorarium for invigilators engaged in departmental examinations.
13. Allowing the physically handicapped candidates for appearing IPO examinations.
14. Orders on drawl of Cash handling allowance to Treasurers, Accountants irrespective of their position in MACP.
15. Finalisation of cadre review proposals before 31.3.2012.
16. Payment of incentive instead of honorarium for attending the PLI/RPLI work at divisional offices after decentralization.
17. Orders for repatriation of officials deputed for PLI/RPLI work to CO/RO to their home divisions.
18. Allowing the Postmaster’s cadre officials to appear for IPO/PSS Group B examination.
19. Orders permitting the Postmaster Cadre officials to officiate in HSG I vacancies.
20. DO letter from Member (P) to all circle heads to fill up all posts of Sorting Postmen, Mail overseer, cash overseer & Head Postmen.
21. Allowing MTS to decline promotion to postmen cadre under seniority quota without loosing MACP promotion.
22. Reiteration of instructions for rotational transfer for SBCO staff by notifying cluster of divisions.
23. Issue instructions to all for ensuring filling up of all sanctioned LR posts.
24. Prompt grant of child care leave – Issue of instructions.
25. Clarifications to be issued on MACP as agreed upon on the following:
(i) MACP will not be deferred on the ground at contemplated disciplinary/vigilance proceedings.
(ii) Instructions on review of ACRs/APARs by scrutiny committees.
(iii) Recovery orders by DAP in the matter of pay fixation on MACP in case of MTS
(iv) Cases relating to declining promotion prior to issue of MACP order (Prior to 2009)
26. Issuing clear instructions to all Chief PMGs that in the city areas where RO/Cos are situated decentralisation of RPLI/PLI should not be done to city Postal Divisions, instead the work will be done by RO/CO staff as done before.
27. Issuing orders on the items finalized by the Postmen committee and also follow up action on certain items to be referred to work study unit.
28. Cadre-restructuring and settlement of Group D and sorter anomaly issues relating to Postal Accounts.
29. Follow up action on civil wing employees issues.
30. Examination of CRC & EPP norms.
Apart from the above, the minutes of the standing committee (JCM) and also the reply to the items already discussed in the strike charter but included on JCM items are yet to be issued.
It is constrained to inform that in the event of non settlement of the above items within one month we have decided to observe one day token fast in front of Directorate by all the General Secretaries.
We trust that your will effectively intervene and maintain tranquility in service.
With profound regards,
D. Theagarajan M. Krishnan
Secretary General Secretary General