ORDERS ON STRIKE CHARTER OF DEMANDS
●Tenure Posting of officials in single handed & double handed post offices – Preventive Vigilance Measure.
D.G. Posts No. 8-4/2005-Inv dated 12th January, 2012.
Instructions were issued vide this letter of even No. dated 22.9.2005 to the effect that officials who have been posted as SPM /PA in single handed or double handed Post Offices irrespective of period of posting/completion of tenure should not be posted back to the same office after a break as is being done now. In other words officials of single handed and double handed post offices can have only one posting in such offices during their service period. The letter however vested powers personally with the CPMG/PMG for relaxation of the provisions only in respect of double handed post offices in a specific case if warranted by exceptional administrative exigencies.
2. For quite some time past, this office has been receiving reports/representations expressing difficulties faced in the implementation of these instructions in respect of single handed SOs. As such it has been decided that the powers of the CPMsG/PMsG for relaxation in respect of double handed SOs if warranted by exceptional administrative exigencies would be applicable in respect of single handed SOs also.
3. This issues with approval of Secretary (Posts).
● Grant of Travelling & daily allowance to mail overseers in place of night halt allowance-reg
D.G. Posts F. No. I-o2/2012-PAP dated 17th January, 2012.
The undersigned is directed to say that the issue of granting full travelling and daily allowances to the Mail Overseers in this Department has been under consideration of a Committee on special Allowances, headed by Shri Santosh Gauriar, Chief Postmaster General, Madhya Pradesh Circle.
2. The recommendations of the Committee have been examined in consultation with the Integrated Finance Wing of the Department and the Competent Authority is pleased to accept the recommendations as below:
(i) The Mail Overseers will be entitled to normal Travelling and Daily allowances for their journeys beyond Eight Kilometers from their Headquarter Stations and reimbursement of Actual Travelling Expenses for their journeys with the sphere of Eight Kilometers from their Headquarter Stations, in accordance with the Fundamental and Supplementary Rules(Part-II TA Rules)
(ii) The existing Night Halt Allowance payable to the Mail Overseers is ordered to be withdrawn with immediate effect.
3. These orders shall take effect from the date of their issue. Expenditure on the TA and DA of the Mail Overseers shall be debited to the normal Travelling Allowance Expenditure Head of the concerned Units/Divisions and be met from their sanctioned grants.
4. This has been vetted by the Departmental IFW vide their Diary No. 21/FA/12/CS dated 17.1.2012.
● Grant of Cycle maintenance allowance to postmen-Regarding.
D.G. Posts F. No. 1-02/2012-PAP dated 17th January, 2012.
The undersigned is directed to say that the issue of grant of Cycle Maintenance Allowance to Postmen without any limitations of distance of their beats has been under consideration of a Committee on special Allowance, headed by Shri Santosh Gauriar, Chief Postmaster General, Madhya Pradesh Circle.
2. The recommendations of the Committee have been examined in consultation with the Integrated Finance Wing of the Department and the Competent Authority is please to approve that all the postmen, who are utilizing cycles for delivery of mails, be granted Cycle Maintenance Allowance without any distance criteria, after due approval of the Divisional Heads concerned subject to satisfaction of prescribed conditions. This will be further subject to strict adherence to the instructions on rotation of postmen beats.
3. These orders shall take effect from the date of their issue.
4. This has been vetted by the Departmental IFW vide their Diary No. 20/FA/12/CS dated 17.1.2012.