NO. 6- 23/2010-PE-II
Government of India
Ministry of communication & IT
Department of Posts ( Establishment Division)
Dak Bhawan Parliement Street
New Delhi-110001 Dated 21-07-2010
All Chief Postmasters General
All Postmasters General
Sub:- Implementation of recommendations of One-man Committee on Gramin Dak Sevak Mailmen.
I am directed to intimate that One-man Committee constituted under Shri. R.S. Nataraja Murti Chairman examined the issue of deployment of Gramin Dak sevak Mailmen posted in Mail Offices by conducting a study and submitted its recommendation in para 5.22 of the Report.
2 The recommendations of One-man Committee on GDS Mailmen have examined by the department and after a careful consideration, the Competent Authority ordered the following.
1) Conducting of a work study by Internal Work Study Unit (IWSU) for laying down the standard for various operations/ work done by Mailmen in Mail Offices/Transit Mail Offices/Mail Agency.
2) The existing vacancies of GDS Mailmen and future resultant vacancies of GDS Mailmen failing vacant either due to discharge/ absorption in Department shall not be filled up in future.
3) The category of GDS Mailmen be considered as a wasting group.
4) The present GDS Mailmen engaged in Mail offices on regular basis shall continue till they vacate the post either due to discharge/absorption in department or death.
3. The instruction may be brought to the notice of all concerned. The compliance may sent in the prescribed enclosed proforma .
4. Receipt of this letter may be acknowledged to Assistant Director General(Establishment)
5. This with the approval of Secretary (posts)
DA: As above