PAYMENT OF DEARNESS ALLOWANCE TO CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES - REVISED RATES EFFECTIVE FROM 1.1.2013.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated: 25th April, 2013.
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees-Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2013.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No.1 (8)/2012-E-II (B) dated 28th Sepetmber,2012 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 72% to 80% with effect from 1st January,2013.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No.1 (3)/2008-E-II(B) dated 29th August. 2008 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. The Hindi version of this O.M. is also attached.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
CHILDREN EDUCATION ALLOWANCE — CLARIFICATION
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, 23-rd April, 2013
Subject: - Children Education Allowance — Clarification -
The undersigned is directed to refer to Department of Personnel & Training's O.M. No.12011/03/2008-Estt.(Allowance) dated 2nd September, 2008, and subsequent clarifications issued from time to time on the subject and to state that various Ministries/Departments have been seeking clarifications on various aspects of the Children Education Allowance. The doubts raised are clarified as under:-
(i) Whether reimbursement of balance amount of fee paid during 1st and 2nd quarter could be paid in 3rd /4th quarter without the fee receipt for the 3rd/4th quarter?
No. As it is reimbursement for the whole year, original receipts for the fee paid for the 3rd/4th quarter has to be submitted to ensure that the child has not dropped out of the school in the mid-session.
(ii) Whether a Government servant is required to give a certificate that the spouse, if earning, has not claimed CEA?
Yes. The claimant Government servant required to furnish an undertaking that reimbursement of CEA has not been claimed in respect of the child by any person other than the claimant.
(Vibha G. Mishra)
PERMISSIONS FOR TREATMENT IN PRIVATE CGHS EMPANELLED HOSPITALS / CENTRES (Click the link below for details)(http://msotransparent.nic.in/writereaddata/cghsdata/mainlinkfile/File119.pdf)
No.2/5/Online - System/FCRH — 2013
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Directorate of Estates
New Delhi, the 18.04.2013
Subject: Introduction of online reservation system in the reservation/allotment of casual hostel accommodation in the Central Government Touring Officer’s Hostel/Holiday Home/Guest House at Delhi.
With a view to provide for choices & convenience of the applicants for reservation of casual hostel accommodation in the Central Government Touring Officer’s Hostel/Holiday Home/Guest House at Delhi, it has been decided to introduce automated online reservation / allotment system w.e.f. 01/05/2013.
2. For this purpose only online applications will be accepted henceforth. Applicants will apply for reservation by filling up the required application form online. After completing the process online, the applicant will have to take a print out of his/her application and get it verified / forwarded from his/her office and send it along with payment (Demand Draft) & other allied details/documents ete.. to “Online Reservation Cell, F - Block, C.R.Hostel Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 110001" for confirmation of his/her booking request. On receipt of the filled up application with payment of room rent (Demand Draft), duly verified & forwarded by the controlling office of the applicant (in case of Retd. Government Officers attested copy of PPO), his/her booking request will be processed. Applicant can monitor the status of his/her booking request online through the website.
3. With effect from 16/04/2013 onward, only online applications for reservation of casual accommodation in the Central Government Touring Officer’s Hostel/Holiday Home/Guest House at Delhi will he accepted.
4. No manual application will he accepted from 16/04/2013 onwards for the reservation of casual accommodation in the Central Government Touring officer’s Hostel/Holiday Home/Guest House at Delhi seeking reservation for the period from 01/05/2013 onwards.
5. Manual applications received up to 15/04/2013 for the reservation of casual accommodation in the Central Government Touring Officer’s Hostel/Holiday Home/Guest House at Delhi seeking reservation for the period upto 30/04/2013 have been accepted and casual accommodation is reserved subject to availability.
6. Detailed procedure/guidelines as laid down in the OM dated 21/12/2013 and terms & conditions and other relevant information regarding reservation of Delhi central Government Touring officer’s Hostel/Holiday home/Guest House accommodation are available on the website of this Directorate i.e.www.estates.nic.in / Holiday Homes website and holidayhomes.nic.in shall be applicable.
7. This issues with the approval of Director of Estates.
Deputy Director of Estates [O&M]