BRIEFS ON AGENDA ITEMS SUBMITTED BY NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES AFFILIATED UNIONS FOR PERIODICAL MEETING TO BE TAKEN BY SECRETARY (P) ON 29.11.2012 AT 1000 HRS.
All India Postal Employees Union, Group ‘C’.
1. Filling up the Posts of APM Accounts & Promotional avenue to Accounts line officials.
The APM Accounts Posts in LSG & HSG.II have been filled up among the PO & RMS Accountant’s qualified officials as per Selection Grade Recruitment Rules 1976. The PO & RMS Accountant’s seniority list has been drafdted as per the date of qualifying the Accountant’s exam and the same is considered for LSG promotion under Accounts line. The statutory Recruitment Rules of 1976 and the Rules 276 & 277 of volume IV dealing these issues remain unchanged.
While clarifying the postings after the introduction of FTP exam vide department letter No.137/10/96-SPB.II dated 28.1.2003, it was mentioned that the officials promoted to LSG either on general line or FTP having Accounts qualifi8cation may be considered for APM Accounts post. This has created a bundle of contradictions and the separate line of promotion to LSG APM Accounts has been disturbed and not carried out thereafter.
(i) Now in many Circles, against to the spirit of the recruitment rules 1976 and also volume IV statutory rules, unqualified officials have been posted as APM Accounts in HSG.II cadre and thus defeated the very purpose of existence of such qualified posts.
(ii) The CAT Chennai in OA No.201/2006 in case of Sri P. Ramadoss Vs the CPMG Tamil nadu held that the separate identity of APM Accounts cadre and directed to conduct the DPC for Accounts line without any procrastination based on the Recruitment Rules dated 13.9.1976 and issue necessary promotion orders to the eligible PO & RMS Accounts line officials within a period of four weeks.
(iii) The following may please be considered to overcome the present injustice caused to the cadre:
(i) The year of qualifying the PO & RMS Accountant exam should be the yardstick for promotion to LSG APM Accounts. It cannot be modified without amending the rules contained in Volume-IV.
(ii) During the upgradation of 1622 HSG.II posts, many posts of APM Accounts were upgraded to HSG.II. Resultantly, there is a dearth ofLSG APM Acounts posts for promotion in feeder cadre. Hence, it is requested to restore the LSG position for APM Accounts to the extent of 50% of total posts in Accounts cadre by upgrading the general line posts to HSG.II.
(iii) Reserve 20% of the total establishment in HSG.I promotion for providing promotion to the PO & RMS qualified HSG.II APM Accounts.
(iv) If the above proposal is considered, the present crisis will be over and it may also be ensured by providing qualified hands to position the APM Accounts posts in all places which will improve the efficiency in the prime accounting functions at the base levels.
2. Non grant of Training allowance for instructors posted in WCTC of regional headquarters-
The training allowance as if granted to instructors working in Postal Training Centre has not been granted to the instructors posted in WCTC centers functioning at regional headquarters even through their nature of duties are similar to that of the instructors working in the training centers. This is a clear discrimination between the two equals.
The reason for non grant of such allowance is stated to be non issue of orders so far from the Directorate for grant of training allowance to them.It is requested to kindly consider the same.
3. Bringing all the Senior /Chief postmasters posts under the Postmasters cadre hireachical line-
After declaring the Postmaster cadre as a separate cadre and did not allow the Postmaster Grade-I officials to appear Group B and IP examination because of the separate hierarchical cadre, allowing 75% posts of the senor Postmaster for IP line is deplorable. After carving out a separate cadre from LSG and IP line and formed a separate cadre, the provision of 75% for IPline officials to become Postmaster cadre as Senior Postmaster is against the spirit of the DOPT guidelines. There should not be two channel of promotions to IP cadre when it was denied to Postmaster opted officials to appear for the Group B exam and IP exam. Necessary decision may please be taken.
All India RMS & MMS Employees Union Group ‘C’.
1. Fixation of Norms for CRCs, EPP, Logstic and SPCs ETC. The productivity norms for CRC were fixed as 900 articles per 8 hour duty or 120 RLs per hour based on the Work Study. The Staff Side have not accepted these productivity norms as it is impossible for the staff to give this output as 80% of work has to be doe manually and more than 50% are received without bar coding under R. Net System. More over increasing output on TBOP/BCR promotion was against the agreed norms. The question of higher productivity of 5% and 1% required on account of TBOP/BCR was against the agreed norms during of higher productivity 19991, 6% operative staff strength and 20% supervisory posts were abolished D.G. Posts vide letter No .DG P&T No.31-28/83-PE-I dated 17-12-1983 has envisaged that the posts in operative and supervisory cadres will continue to be sanctioned on the basis of present norms i.e. as per Maratha Time Test.
In view of the JCM agreements the productivity norms of 900 articles per 8 hours prescribed by the Department is arbitrary. We would therefore, urge upon the Department to refix the norms which is feasible in consultation with the Staff Side.
2. Stop privatisation /out sourcing. Reports have been received from various circles that indiscriminate closer/merger and abolition of RMS sets/Sections, MMS Schedules engagement of outsiders etc. are being carried out without following any norms and diverting the respective services to private service providers. All these on going processes would render staff surplus. We would therefore, urge upon the Department of Posts to engage Postal/RMS/MMS staff for all activities of Postal services.
3. Provide adequate Motor Vehicles for conveyance of mails/logistics etc. and fill up vacant posts in MMS: Provide adequate Motor Vehicle for conveyance of mails/logistics. Replace all condemned vehicles, impart sufficient computer training to the technical staff to deal with modern power vehicles, insure MMS Vehicles, finalize Recruitment Rules, Artisans in MM”S which are lying vacant since long.
All India Postal Employees Union Postmen & MSE/
1. Bottle necks for efficient Delivery: Number of articles, both registered ands ordinary mail, to be delivered and maximum length of beat to be covered during duty hours of a postman has not yet been decided. This need to be fixed . Moreover it is generally seen that there is no depository system available in delivery post office causing difficulty and hardship for disposal of undelivered mail on return to post office on some occasion the mail entrusted to postman is unmanageable during duty hours. The depository system needs to be maintained for the safety and security of mail. The other hurdle is non-adoption of Scientific measurement of Postmen beats: This issue has been taken many times but no scientific measurement is carried out. Measurement is generally done on paper and the postmen staff suffers a lot when these beats are not actually measured. Moreover no representative is detailed from postmen side to help in accessing the actual length of beats. It would be appreciated if Circles are directed to purchase one MELIO METER/DISTANCE WATCH METER for each division for correct measurement of beats giving time schedule fore completion ands compliance by target date.
2. Grant of incentive for delivery of Adhar Cards:As it has been informed on many occasions that postmen is already reeling under overburdened work and the postmen staff is not in a position to deliver the mail entrusted to him within duty hours. Instead after beyond duty hours, on many occasions the mail remains undelivered despite their best efforts. Now one more bolt from the blue in the shape of ADHAR CARDS is causing more tension since the number of Adhar Cards received are increasing day by day and multiply the overloaded work already held with them. It is therefore requested to grant Rs 2/- per card as incentive for delivery of the Cards so that they could deliver for late hours beyond their working hours convenient to them.
3. Timely Payment of individual Claims. There is general complaint for abnormal delay in payment of individual claim like-Medical Re-imbursement bill, OTA, Speed Post delivery incentive bills, TA bills and Double Duty Bill etc. Timely preparation of bills needs to be insisted upon. Sufficient fund should be made available to avoid delay in payment of individual claims.
All IndiaRMS & MMS Employees Union, Mail guards & /MTS
1. Supply of shoe instead of chappals to the staff who are eligible for uniform.
Recently the colour of uniform cloth supplied to eligible staff has been changed . But the footwear is not changed (particularly in south) though shoe is supplied to the staff in some circles (in north ) the othercircles still get only chapplas which do not go with the new uniform. Therefore, kindly to supply shoe to all the staff that are hitherto supplied with chappals so that their uniform and footwear together present a neat and diginified appearance to our staff.
2. Request for imparting training to non-matriculate Group D Canteen employees in Assam and Delhi Circles.
The Non-Matriculate Group D employees Canteen staff cadre on or after 1.1.2006 but before the implementation of 6th CPC pay scales are being denied 1800/- GP from 1.1.2006 for the duration of their Group D employment on the grounds that they were not being imparted with the required training. No action is also being taken in such cases to impart the same training as like other non-matriculate Group D staff.
Up gradation of pay of Canteen staff from 1300/- GP to 1800/- GP Assam and Delhi Circles necessary qualifying training was completed of those staff for up gradation of pay but no action taken by authorities as yet whereas there is standing instructions of Directorate that completion of training up gradation must be effected within (6) months. This Union request revision of pay scale of Rs 4440-7440 with Grade Pay of Rs 1300/- to Rs 5200-20200 with Grade pay of Rs 1800/- since the pay band 1S is going to be abolished in future.
Our union requests your kind intervention to cause to issue instructions to arrange for imparting the same training to such promoted non-matriculate officials also and grant 1800/- GP from 1.1.2006 to Canteen staff of Assam and Delhi Circles.
3. Filling up of Multi Tasking Staff vacancies in accordance with the latest Recruitment rules. Filling up of Multi Tasking Staff vacancies in accordance with the latest Recruitment rules Ref: Your office letter Directorate memo No.45-2/2011-SPB-I dated 27.01.2011. Our Union requests your kind attention to your office letter cited above wherein, all the Recruiting Authorities for the Multi Tasking Staff Vacancies in the Circle were directed to fill all the MTS Vacancies in accordance with the instructions contained in Directorate memo No.45-2/2011-SPB-I dated 27.01.2011. The last date fixed for completion of the process is 29.03.2011.
But, to our dismay no MMS Division in West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi circles implemented those orders so far. Therefore, we request you kindly to look into the matter and take necessary action to get all the MTS Vacancies in the MMS Division’s of the above circles filled in without any further delay.
All India Postal Accounts Employees Association.
1. Recruitment in Postal Accounts Offices.
For the past two years this Association is bringing this aspect to the notice of the authorities. It is assured to make recruitment in PAOs on priority basis. Yet, there is no significant improvement in the situation. The PSOs are working under severe shortage of Staff. There is a need to review the situation urgently and take up the remedial measures. It is requested to cause orders to fill up all the vacancies through local recruitment/absorption from other departments etc. as a onetime measure in a time bound manner.
2. Implement the Hon. Principal CAT, Delhi order in OA 1066/2011 filed by AIPAEA.
This Association has filed a case in the Hon. Pr.CAT, Delhi seeking a direction to give the benefit of 2nd financial upgradation under ACP ignoring the promotions due to up-gradation of Junior Accountant posts to Senior Accountant. Earlier the O.A 955/210 by this Association in the similar matter has been remitted to the authority for considering the representation of the AIPAEA. The representation was submitted to DDG(PAF) and the same was rejected vide the order dated 28.12.2010. This is challenged and Hon. Pr. CAT quashed the memo dated 28.12.2010 and remitted back to the respondents for taking a fresh decision in this regard. It is requested to honour the spirit of the judgment in OA 1066/2011 and implement the same by giving the benefit of 2nd financial up-gradation ignoring the promotion from Junior Accountant to Senior Accountant cadre.
3. Financial up-gradation (ACP) as per the existing hierarchy in the Post Accounts to the officials appointed through surplus cell.
It has come to the notice of this Association that a few LDCs from the erstwhile National Saving Organization allotted by the surplus cell to the Postal Accounts organization as LDC, has been deprived of financial up gradation (ACP) as per the existing hierarchy in the Postal Accounts. These cases may kindly be reviewed and favourable orders issued.
All IndiaPostal SBCO Employees Association
1. Regarding misutilisation of PA (SBCO)
Savings Bank Control Organization in the Department of Post was established from erstwhile Postal and Telegraphs Audit Office. Hence, SBCO should be regarded as an Audit Wing of savings bank and given status equal to Postal Accounts on all aspects as the functions and responsibilities of both are synonymous. The staff of SBCO are recruited separately as Postal Assistants (SBCO) and trained exclusively in control procedures. Therefore, utilization of these personnel in operative work like reconciliation of SO SB balances by deputing them to Sub offices, settlement of minus balances, settlement of OMs should not be resorted to.
2. Request for reevaluation of the issue of administrative control over SBCO staff.
Request for reevaluation of the issue of administrative control over SBCO staff Divisional heads have no in depth knowledge in SBCO procedures and functioning of SBCO. As such, the powers of writing of APAR should be vested again with Accounts officers ICO (SB) as they are the next supervisory officers with full knowledge of the functioning of SBCO branch and its procedure and the personal knowledge about the SBCO officials.
3. Regarding maintenance of RD ledgers for HO/SOs in V2 SBCO.
In respect of decentralized savings categories i.e RD/MIS/SCSS the roll of SBCO must be checking of vouchers with reference to the data available in LAN Sanchay Post for timely detection of fraudulent activities. It is therefore requested that the maintenance of RD ledgers for HO/SOs in V2SBCO may be dispensed with.
All IndiaPostal Admn. Offices’ Employees’Union, Group ‘C’ & ‘D’.
1. Fixation of pay of MTS (Group C officials) who were granted ACP –I and ACP-II up gradation prior to 01.01.2006
Consequent upon implementation of 6th CPC recommendation in the light of Postal Directorates latest order No. 1-20/2008-PCC (Pt) dated18.07.2011
The MTS Group- C (erstwhile Group D) officials who got ACP upgradation prior to 01.01.2006 had been given MACP upgradation from 01.09.2006 ignoring their ACP up gradations as per Postal Dte’s O.M. on MACPs dated 18.09.2009 issued on the strength of DOPT O.M. No. 35034/3/2008-Estt(D) dated 19.05.2009 by applying single, double or triple fixation formula as specified in the said O.M. dated 18.092009
After almost three years from the date of effect of such MACPs to the concerned officials the Dte order no. 1-20/2008-PCC(Pt)dtd.18.07.2011 from Pay Commission Cell has been issued which drected to give Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/- to officials who got ACP-I prior to 01.01.2006 and Grade Pay of Rs. 2000/- to officials who got ACP-II prior to 01.01.2006 if this order is implemented, if will cause the following adverse effects:
a) The Pay of the sdofficials already fixed 3 years back, is going to be reduced to a large extend and
b) Huge recovery is to be made against each of them for no fault of their own.
2. Providing norms for BD, Technology, RTI oriented works and Project Arrow works and Project Arrow works done by the CO and ROs and arrangement for manning the BD Section exclusively by Circle/Regional office staff.
Notes: No establishment norms as per SIU standard for works relating to BD, Technology, Project Arrow and RTI oriented works has been formulated so far our knowledge goes. It is evident that huge work hours for disposal of those items of works have already been created in CO/ROs but no man power to deal with the cases has been provided due to non framing of norms to adjudge the quantum of such work.
3. Filling up vacant Posts in the cadre of PACO, holding of DPC for LSG, HSG-II and HSG-I Grades.
Notes: Many Circles/ Regional Offices have been suffering from shortage of staff due to non-filling of vacant posts in the cadre of PACO. Further for non holding of DPC in a time bound manner, good number of posts in LSG, HSG.II and HSG.I Grade are lying vacant causing problems for Circle and Regional offices. If those vacant promotional posts (LSG, HSG.II and HSG.I) are filled up, it would be resulting in more vacancies in PACO cadre.
LGO examination needs to be held timely to keep alive the promotional prospects of MTS Group-C officials.