M.O.F ISSUES ORDERS ON 6% D.A.
No.1(2)/2011 – E-II(B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees – Revised Rates effectives from 1.1.2011.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s office Memorandum No. 1(6)/2010-E-II(B) Dated 22nd September, 2010 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the president is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government Employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 45 % to 51% with effect from 1st January, 2011.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M No. 1 (3)/2008-E-II(B) dated 29th August, 2008 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional instalment of Dearness payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government Employees.
4. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January and February, 2011 shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of March, 2011.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the defense services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defense Service Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the controller and Auditor General of
Deputy Secretary to the Government of