UNJUSTIFIED DELAY IN PUBLISHING GDS COMMITTEE REPORT
NFPE DECIDED TO COMMENCE INDEFINITE HUNGER FAST
IN FRONT OF DIRECTORATE FROM 18.01.2017
1) All General Secretaries
and Office Bearers
2) All Circle/Divisional
As you are aware the GDS Committee Report was submitted to the Government on 24th November 2016 by the Kamalesh Chandra Committee. NFPE conducted two days protest demonstration on 5th & 6th December 2016 demanding immediate publishing of the Report.
Secretary, Department of Posts categorically assured Secretary General NFPE that Report will be published after 31st December 2016. But even after 31st December, till this day, Report is not published.
Entire Postal Employees are agitated over the unjustified delay in publishing the Report.
NFPE Federal Secretariat has decided to commence INDEFINITE HUNGER FAST infront of Dak Bhawan , New Delhi from 18th January 2017 from 10 AM onwards demanding immediate publishing of GDS Committee Report.
Secretary General and all General Secretaries / available Office Bearers will sit on hunger fast.
All Circle/Divisional Secretaries are requested to conduct protest demonstrations in front of all offices from 18th January onwards.
Please give wide publicity among all employees, especially among GDS employees
R N Parashar
Secretary General NFPE.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
19th December, 2016
SUB: CERTIFICATE OF RE-MARRIAGE/MARRIAGE—REG.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Annexure XXVI of the Scheme Booklet of the O/o CGA, which is a proforma for Certificate of Re-marriage/Marriage. As per the Scheme Booklet, this certificate is to be submitted once every six months in May and November by widowers and unmarried daughters; this is required to be countersigned by a responsible officer or a well-known person.
2. This department has received request from Pensioners Union of Railway Employees, Chennai. (copy enclosed) stating that the widows of the deceased ’employees are required to submit the certificate countersigned by a responsible officer or a well-known person. More often the widow, when approaches the show-called responsible officer/well-known person, are being harassed. They feel that the present stipulation of getting counter signature is not only unwarranted but also an affront to the womanhood in the context of atrocity against women rampant in the country. This is inconsistent with acceptance of certificates with self-attestation.
3. Therefore, the Union has requested to eliminate the provision of counter signature from others duly accepting self attested certificates.
4. This department has also received representations against revision for submission of these certificates every six months, which had been forwarded to the CPAO for further necessary action. as general references.
5. This department has already allowed submission of self-certificate for non-marriage and declaration of income vide OM dated 21st July, 1999, re-iterated vide OM dated 8th December, 2011 and 20th September, 2012 (copies available at www.persmin.nic.in) Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 has been amended to allow submission of marital and income certificates only once a year.
6. In view of the foregoing, Central Pension Accounting Office, Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare and Ministry of Railways are requested to make suitable changes to their respective forms for the above certificate.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
INCOME-TAX RULES AMENDED TO PROVIDE THAT BANK SHALL OBTAIN AND LINK PAN OR FORM NO. 60 (WHERE PAN IS NOT AVAILABLE) IN ALL EXISTING BANK ACCOUNTS (OTHER THAN BSBDA) BY 28.02.2017.
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
08-January-2017 18:17 IST
Income-tax Rules amended to provide that bank shall obtain and link PAN or Form No. 60 (where PAN is not available) in all existing bank accounts (other than BSBDA) by 28.02.2017.
Income-tax Rules have been amended to provide that bank shall obtain and link PAN or Form No. 60 (where PAN is not available) in all existing bank accounts (other than BSBDA) by 28.02.2017, if not already done. In this connection, it may be mentioned that RBI vide circular dated 15.12.2016 has mandated that no withdrawal shall be allowed from the accounts having substantial credit balance/deposits if PAN or Form No.60 is not provided in respect of such accounts. Therefore, persons who are having bank account but have not submitted PAN or Form No.60 are advised to submit the PAN or Form No. 60 to the bank by 28.2.2017.
The banks and post offices have also been mandated to submit information in respect of cash deposits from 1.4.2016 to 8.11.2016 in accounts where the cash deposits during the period 9.11.2016 to 30.12.2016 exceeds the specified limits.
It has also been provided that person who is required to obtain PAN or Form No.60 shall record the PAN/Form.No.60 in all the documents and quote the same in all the reports submitted to the Income-tax Department.
The notification amending the relevant rules is available on the official website of the Income-tax Department i.e. www.incometaxindia.gov.in
Source: PIB DSM/MS (Release ID :156211)
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW NOTIFICATION )
29th SCOVA MEETING UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF HONORABLE MOS(PP) - INTIMATION REGARDING DATE, TIME AND VENUE OF THE MEETING. (Click the link below to view)