ALLOTMENT OF GPF ACCOUNT NUMBERS TO CASUAL LABOURERS WITH TEMPORARY STATUS : CLARIFICATION BY DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: 22 May, 2017
1. All CPMsG
2. All PMsG
3. Director, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National postal Academy, Ghaziabad
4. All Directors, PTC
5. All Directors, Postal Accounts 6. Controller, Foreign Mails, Mumbai
7. Heads of all other Administrative Offices.
Subject: Regarding allotment of GPF Account Numbers to Casual Labourers with temporary status.
Reference is invited to Directorate’s letter No. 01-07/2016-SPB-I of even No. dated 12.09.2016 vide which clarifications in respect of Casual Labourers with temporary status were issued. The Directorate has received references from Postal Circles seeking clarification as to whether GPF account numbers should be allotted to Temporary Status Casual Labourers covered under the Scheme formulated vide Directorate’s letter No. 45-95/87-SPB-I dated 12.04.1991.
2. In this regard, it is clarified that Directorate’s letter No. 01-07/2016-SPB-I dated 22.07.2016 restores the provisions of the scheme as it existed prior to this Department’s letter no. 45-6/2005-SPB-I dated 02.09.2005. Since, the benefit of GPF was available to temporary status Casual Labourers prior to 02.09.2005, GPF account numbers may be allotted to such Casual Labourers for the purpose of contribution in GPF including those Temporary Status Casual Labourers who have not been regularized as yet. In this context, provisions of above said letter, dated 12.09.2016 may also be taken into consideration.
(Satya Narayana Dash)
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Source: Department of Posts
REMUNERATION TO BE PAID TO THE GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS ENGAGED AS SUBSTITUTES IN SHORT-TERM VACANCIES OF POSTMEN, MAILGAURD AND MTS.
National Federation of Postal Employees
1st Floor North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001
Phone: 011.23092771 e-mail: email@example.com
Mob: 9868819295/9810853981 website: http://www.nfpe.blogspot.com
Ref: PF/NFPE/GDS Dated – 25.05.2017
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: - Remuneration to be paid to the GraminDakSevaks engaged as substitutes in short-term vacancies of Postmen, Mailgaurd and MTS.
Ref: - Directorate’s Memo No. 7-9/2016-PCC dated 26.04.2017.
Your kind attention is drawn to para-3 of the above referred OM dated 26.04.2017.
Para – 3 – “In future, GDS who are willing to work as substitute will be paid at the minimum pay of the respective levels of the Pay Matrix barring other allowances like HRA, Transport Allowance etc. with effect from 01.01.2016.”
The words, “in future “appearing at the beginning of the above para creates an impression that enhanced substitute wage is eligible from date of issue of the orders only, whereas the words “with effect from 01.01.2016” appearing in the last line of the same para gives an impression that the revised substitute wage should be paid from 01.01.2016.
As the minimum pay of the Postmen, Mailguard and MTS is revised with effect from 01.01.2016, the substitutes shall be paid the revised wages with effect from 01.01.2016 itself on the principle of equal pay for equal work. But the framing of the para – 3 has created confusion as the meaning of the whole para is ambiguous. As a result many lower level authorities had refused to pay revised substitute wages with effect from 01.01.2016.
It is requested to issue necessary clarification removing the ambiguity appearing in para- 3 of the OM.
(R. N. Parashar)
Copy to: -
All General Secretaries/Circle Secretaries of NFPE Unions
ALL INDIA POSTAL CASUAL, PART TIME, CONTINGENT
AND CONTRACT WORKERS FEDERATION
Central Head Quarters, New Delhi – 110001
CIRCULAR DATED – 24.05.2017
“AN INJURY TO ONE IS AN INJURY TO ALL”
INDEFINITE HUNGER FAST IN FRONT OF CHIEF PMG OFFICE, TAMILNADU CIRCLE, CHENNAI
FROM 27.06.2017, TUESDAY ONWARDS
FOR THE CAUSE OF MOST DOWN-TRODDEN SECTION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
Demanding revision of wages of all Casual, Part-time, Contingent and daily rated mazdoors with effect from 01.01.2006 and again from 01.01.2016, as per the clear and unambiguous orders of the Postal Directorate extending the pro-rate minimum pay benefits of 6th CPC and 7th CPC.
Com. M. Krishnan, National President, Casual Labour Federation & Secretary General, Confederation (Standing Committee Member, National Council, JCM) will sit on indefinite hunger fast alongwith other CHQ office bearers with the full support and cooperation of Circle Co-ordinating Committee of Postal and RMS Unions (NFPE) Tamilnadu Circle.
As you are aware in Tamilnadu Postal Circle, the Circle and Divisional authorities are not ready to implement the orders of the Postal Directorate revising the wages of Casual, Part-time, Contingent and daily rated mazdoors issued consequent on revision of minimum pay by 6th and 7th CPC with effect from 01.01.2006 and 01.01.2016. All effort made by our Tamilnadu state unit with the help of NFPE Circle Unions could not yield the desired result and hundreds of low-paid casual labourers are suffering.
The Central Working Committee meeting of Casual Labour Federation held at Hyderabad on 22.04.2017, has decided to organize indefinite hunger fast in front of Chief PMG office, Chennai deamanding immediate revision of wages of casual, part-time, contingent and daily-rated mazdoors of Tamilnadu Postal Circle in consultation and with the active support and cooperation of NFPE Tamilnadu Circle Unions.
Accordingly, it is decided to commence the indefinite hunger fast on 27th June 2017 in front of Chief PMG office, Chennai. CHQ office bearers of Casual Labour Federation under the leadership of Com. M. Krishnan, National President shall sit on indefinite hunger fast. The Circle Coordinating Committee of NFPE Unions, Tamilnadu Circle, has decided to extend full support and cooperation to the struggle. Tamilnadu state unit of the Casual Labour Federation shall mobilise maximum number of Casual Labourers on all days of the hunger fast, infront of the Chief PMG office, along with the active support and participation of NFPE Unions.
Notice of the indefinite hunger fast will be served to the Chief PMG during the first week of June 2017.
Let us join hands together for the cause of the most exploited and marginalized section of Postal employees. Let us not forget, that “an injury to one is an injury to all”. We don’t want the mercy of the Postal bureaucrats, we want our right and we shall fight and we shall get it. We are ready for a do-or-die battle.
ALL INDIA TRADE UNION WORKSHOP OF CASUAL LABOUR FEDERATION
As per the decision of the Central Working Committee, the All India Workshop of All India Postal Casual, Part-time, Contingent and contract workers Federation will be held at New Delhi (venue will be intimated later) on 13.08.2017 Sunday. Maximum participation of delegates from all Circles should be ensured. (Minimum five delegates should participate from each circle) The workshop will begin at 10 AM on 13.08.2017 and will continue till 5 PM. Food and accommodation will be provided. Delegate fee Rs.300 per delegate. (Accommodation will be provided from 12.08.2017 afternoon to 14.08.2017 morning 10 AM). On 14.08.2017 there will be a one day Dharna in front of Dak Bhawan, New Delhi).
ONE DAY DHARNA IN FRONT OF POSTAL DIRECTORATE (DAK BHAWAN) ON 14.08.2017 MONDAY, NEW DELHI
All delegates who are attending the All India Workshop on 13.08.2017 shall sit on one day dharna in front of Postal Directorate (Dak Bhawan) on 14.08.2017 Monday from 10 AM to 2 PM, demanding immediate settlement of the demands raised in the Charter of demands submitted to Secretary, Department of Posts.
Eventhough, we could compel the Postal Board to issue orders revising the wages from 01.01.2006 and 01.01.2016 as per 6th CPC and 7th CPC minimum pay, other demands are not settled. Postal Board has given in writing the item wise Action Taken Report on the Charter of demands of the Casual Labour Federation. We will be submitting another letter to Secretary, Department of Posts, seeking further improvement on each pending demands.
NFPE, Central Head Quarters and all affiliated Unions/Associations of NFPE has assured full support and cooperation for implementing the above decisions of the AIPCPCCWF.
M. Krishnan Y. Nagabhushanam P. Mohan
President Working President General Secretary
AIPCPCCWF AIPCPCCWF AIPCPCCWF
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TRAVEL TICKET NOW ITSELF FOR 13.08.2017 AND 14.08.2017 DELHI PROGRAMME AS TRAIN RESERVATION STARTS FOUR MONTHS IN ADVANCE
ALL INDIA POSTAL CASUAL, PART-TIME, CONTINGENT AND CONTRACT WORKERS FEDERATION
Central Head Quarters:
2151/1, Dada Ghosh Bhawan, New Patel Road, New Delhi – 110008
No. CL/GENL/2016-19 Dated 25.05.2017
Shri. M. Sampath
Chief Postmaster General,
Anna Road, Chennai – 600002
Sub:- Denial of revised wages with effect from 01.01.2006 to the Casual, Part-time, contingent and daily rated mazdoors working in various offices of Tamilnadu Postal Circle – Notice for indefinite hunger fast in front of Chief PMG office from 27th June 2016-regarding.
1. Your kind intervention is requested to redress the following genuine grievances of the most-exploited and low-paid poor Casual Labourers working in various offices of Tamilnadu Postal Circle. They are mostly unorganized and marginalized and hence your goodself alone can do justice to them.
2. Department of Posts issued orders on 22.01.2015 (ie. Two years back) for payment of revised wages to Casual, Part-time, contingent and daily-rated mazdoors working in the Postal department with effect from 01.01.2006, consequent on revision of minimum pay of Central Government employees by the Government as per the recommendations of 6th CPC.
3. On receipt of the Directorate orders some Chief Postmaster Generals (Kerala, Andhra etc.) sought clarifications on two points (1) who is a causal labourer and (2) to whom Directorate orders are applicable.
4. Directorate issued detailed clarifications as follows:
Point No.1 – who is a Casual Labourer?
Clarification vide Directorate order No. 45-24/86-SPB-I dated 17.05.2009 re-circulated in OM 2-53/2011-PCC dated 17.06.2016.
“It is hereby clarified that all daily wagers working in Post offices or RMS offices or in Administrative offices or PSD’s/MMS under different designations (Mazdoors, Casual Labourers, contingent paid staff, daily wager, daily rated mazdoors, oursiders) are to be trealed as Casual labourers. Those casual labourers who are engaged for a period of eight (8) hours duty a day should be described as “full time casual labourers” and those who are engaged for a period less than eight hours a day should be described as “part-time casual labourers”. All other designations should be discontinued.”
Point No. 2 – To whom Directorate orders dated 22.01.2015 are applicable.
Clarification – “The Spirit of this Directorate’s OM dated 22.01.2015 is to allow revised remuneration to such full-time, part-time casual labourers, who have physically worked or who continue to work as such in that Capacity, with no ambiguity whatsoever.”
5. The above two clarificatory orders issued by the Directorate set at rest all the doubts regarding payment of revised wages to causal labourers with effect from 01.01.2006. Accordingly almost all the Circles started paying revised wages to casual labourers.
6. But, we regret to inform you that, evenafter a lapse of two years the above orders are not yet implemented in Tamilnadu Circle for reasons best known to the administration and the eligible revised wages and arrears from 01.01.2006 are not yet paid to the poor causal labourers.
7. Further, Directorate has already issued orders, again revising the wages of causal, part-time, contingent and daily-rated mazdoors with effect from 01.01.2016, consequent on revision of minimum pay of Central Government employees by the Government vide Directorate OM No. 7-10/2016-PCC dated 31.03.2017. This revision was also not made applicable in Tamilnadu Circle.
8. The above issue was discussed several times in the past by the Unions/Associations with the Circle administration. But the issue still remains unsettled and the causal labourers are deprived of their legitimate right for revised wages. The Central Working Committee meeting of the All India Postal, Casual, Part-time, contingent and contract workers Federation held at Hyderabad on 22.04.2017, viewed with grave concern the totally negative attitude of the Tamilnadu Circle administration and decided to organise serious agitational programmes for redressal of the genuine grievances of Casual Labourers of Tamilnadu Circle demanding-
(i) Immediate revision of wages of all Casual, part-time, contingent and daily-rated mazdoors as per Directorate orders cited above with effect from 01.01.2006 and again from 01.01.2016
(ii) Immediate payment of eligible arrears as per above cited Directorate orders to all Casual, part-time, contingent and daily rates mazdoors.
9. Accordingly, notice is hereby given to the Chief Postmaster General, Tamilnadu Circle, that the leaders of the All India Postal Casual, part-time, contingent and contract workers Federation shall commence indefinite hunger fast in front of Chief PMG office Tamilnadu Circle with effect from 27.06.2017, Tuesday from 10 AM alongwith the members of the Federation.
10. We earnestly hope that the Circle administration shall come forward to negotiate and settle the above mentioned genuine and legitimate demands of the Casual labourers without precipitating the issues further. We sincerely want to avoid a confrontation with the Circles administration. We like to make it clear in case of our demands are not settled before 27.06.2017, the Circle administration alone shall be responsible for the consequences arising out the indefinite hunger fast.
Awaiting positive action
(P. Mohan) (M. Krishnan)
General Secretary President &
Member, Standing Committee
National Council JCM