All General Secretaries / Circle / Divisional / Branch Secretaries.
1. 2010 September 7th All India General Strike: All out efforts are being made by the Central Trade Unions, Central and State Employees Federations and other Public Sector Unions to make the All India General Strike a historic success. The strike may turn in to an All India Bandh. It is our duty ensure participation of all Postal and RMS Employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks in the strike. NFPE and GDS Union have already served strike notice to the Secretary Department of Posts on 17-08-2010.The tour programme of All India Leaders is in progress. Divisional/Branch Secretaries are once again requested to organize intensive campaign programmes such as General Body meetings, conventions, office to office squad work, exhibiting notices and pamphlets etc and make the strike a resounding success.
2. JCM Departmental Council Meeting: After a long gap of 4 years JCM Departmental Council Meeting was held on 27.08.2010 under Chairpersonship of Secretary, Department of Posts. Office Side is represented by Member (P), Member (Technology) many othe DDGs and officers. Ten representatives from NFPE attended the meeting including Coms. M.Krishnan, (SG), K. Ragavendran, (Ex. S/G),K.V.Sridharan,(GS P-3 and Leader Staff Side) ,. Giri Raj Singh, (GS R-3 +Secretary Staff Side), I.S.Dabas, (G/S P-4),.P. Suresh (G/S R-4), . P.Rajanayagam, (Ex. G/S AIPAEA), S.P. Mukherjee (EX.G/S Admn Union) Nomination of the newly elected General Secretary of AIPAEA and Admn Union will take place later. The items included in the July 13th Strike Charter of demands which are already discussed on 12.07.2010 are not taken up for discussion again in the Departmental Council meeting. There are about 70 items have been discussed and the remaining items will be discussed in the next meeting. Secretary, Department of Posts, assured that next meeting will be held shortly. The gist of the items discussed is available in the NFPE Website.
3. Technology Sweep In India Post:
SECRETARY DEPT OF POSTS INFORMED THE STAFF SIDE DURING THE JCM DEPARTMENTAL COUNCIL MEETING THAT GOVT.HAS CLEARED THE PROPOSAL SUBMITTED BY THE DEPT FOR LARGE SCALE COMPUTERSATION PROGRAMME INCLUDING CORE BANKING, NETWORKING ETC. GOVT HAS ALLOTTED RS.1800 CRORES TO THE INDIA POST FOR THE PERIOD SEPTEMBER 2010 TO SEPTEMBER-2012.
4. CADRE RESTRUCTURING COMMITTEE
Many Comrades from P-IV and R-IV wants to know whether their cases for cadre restructuring will be considered by the Cadre Restructuring Committee. The reply given by Secretary Dept of Posts in the JCM Departmental Council Meeting held on 27.08.2010 is reproduced below for information of all concerned. ------
Secretary General, NFPE.
Item No. 8: Restoration and improvement of ‘In Cadre Promotion’ to Postmen/Mail Guard & Multi Skilled Employees Cadre.
The whole structure of regular promotions for Postmen/Mail Guard and Group D in the same cadre stream like Sorting Postman, Head Postman, Head Mail Guard, Jamadar, Head Jamadar etc had disappeared consequent on introduction of TBOP and BCR promotion Scheme. Hundreds of promotional posts like Head Postman, Head Mail Guard, Jamadar etc were abolished. Due to the unilateral shift in the status of TBOP/BCR system to MACP Scheme, the cadre of Postman, Mail Guards and Multi-Skilled Employees have no promotional avenue at all. Modified ACP is not a promotion but a financial upgradation to officials on completion of 10,20 and 30 years of service. The financial upgradation schemes are only an addition to the regular promotion scheme and not a replacement. It can be seen that all other cadres in the Department of Posts excluding Postman, Mail Guard and Multi Skilled Employees have their own in-cadre promotional system. It is therefore urged upon to reintroduce the regular promotional avenues to these cadres.
REPLY FROM SECRETARY DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
IT IS A PART OF CADRE RESTRUCTURING, WHICH IS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMITTEE CONSTITUTED FOR CADRE RESTRUCTURING AS PER THE DECISION OF THE 12.07.2010 MEETING.
5. Remittance of quota and donation to NFPE:
As you aware the financial position of NFPE is not so sound. For further improving the financial position of the Federation, the financial position is to be improved. All Divisional / Branch Secretaries are once again requested to clear all dues towards NFPE and extend their cooperation in making the Federation more vibrant and financially sound. Special appeal is being sent separately to all the Divisional/Branch Secretaries who are in arrears of quota and donation. Please treat it as urgent / important and respond favourably.
6. Postal Crusader: As decided in the Federal Secretariat meeting held on 12.08.2010 advertisements of P&T / Postal Cooperative Societies will be published from the next issue (October) of “Postal Crusader” . Tariff form will be exhibited in the NFPE Website. All Circle/ Decisional / Secretaries are requested to collect and send one advertisement from the P&T/Postal Cooperative Societies of their State/District.
7. MASSIVE NEW RECRUITMENT IN POSTAL: As an aftermath of July 12th settlement, the Directorate has approved Direct Recruitment about 13000 Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistants for the year up to December, 2010.Recreuitment process is in progress now. Circles have already issued notification. Examination for promotion of Lower Grade officials (Postmen, Gr. D etc.) up to the year 2010 is also announced.Postmen/Mail Guard Examinations are also being held in all Circles. Circle/Divisional Secretaries are requested to ensure that action is taken by the Circle/Divisional administration for filling up of all PA, SA, Postmen, Mail Guard vacancies up to the year ending December, 2010 by Direct Recruitment and by promotional Examinations. .